I have an awesome idea for an art piece I want to do…but I can’t quite figure out how to do it. It’s also a monoprint so it has its own set of difficulties. Oui, I am confused.
By choice or by chance?
Arts and naked people
I’m drawing naked people. Just thought you should know. It’s for monoprinting. I am super excited to see how I do with this process. My woodblock was done in the reductive or suicide block method. It was a right mess. I made what ended up looking like space worms. It would be really neat but it turned out more distracting than anything. The first prints I did were utilizing...
A little about me...
I say things like “egads” and “keen.” I like pop music. I also like music you’ve never heard of. I’ve composed symphonies, written books, and sang the best songs in my dreams. I love to read. I leave anonymous notes wherever I go in the hopes that whoever finds it will smile. I am continually learning new things. I am continually making...
I am addicted to these silly things...Soooo, ask me!!!
1) Put your iTunes on shuffle. Give me the first 6 songs that pop up.
2) If you could meet anyone on this earth, who would it be?
3) Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 23, give me line 17.
4) What do you think about most?
5) What does your latest text message from someone else say?
6) Do you sleep with or without on?
7) What's your strangest talent?
8) Girls.... (finish the sentence); Boys.... (finish the sentence)
9) Ever had a poem or song written about you?
10) When is the last time you played the air guitar?
11) Do you have any strange phobias?
12) Ever stuck a foreign object up your nose?
13) What's your religion?
14) If you are outside, what are you most likely doing?
15) Do you perfer to be behind the camera or in front of it?
16) Simple but extremely complex. Favorite band?
17) What was the last lie you told?
18) Do you believe in karma?
19) What does your screen name mean?
20) What is your greatest weakness; your greatest strength?
21) Who is your celebrity crush?
22) Have you ever gone skinny dipping?
23) How do you vent your anger?
24) Do you have a collection of anything?
25) Do you perfer talking on the phone or video chatting online?
26) Are you happy with the person you've become?
27) What's a sound you hate; sound you love?
28) What's your biggest "what if"?
29) Do you believe in ghosts? How about aliens?
30) Stick your right arm out; what do you touch first? Do the same with your left arm.
31) Smell the air. What do you smell?
32) What's the worst place you have ever been to?
33) Choose: East Coast or West Coast?
34) Most attractive singer of your opposite gender?
35) To you, what is the meaning of life?
36) Define: Art.
37) Do you believe in luck?
38) What's the weather like right now?
39) What time is it?
40) Do you drive? If so, have you ever crashed?
41) What was the last book you read?
42) Do you like the smell of gasoline?
43) Do you have any nicknames?
44) What was the last movie you saw?
45) What's the worst injury you've ever had?
46) Have you ever caught a butterfly?
47) Do you have any obsessions right now?
48) What's your ?
49) Ever had a rumor spread about you?
50) Do you believe in magic?
51) Do you tend to hold grudges against people who have done you wrong?
52) What is your astrological sign?
53) Do you save money or spend it?
54) What's the last thing you purchased?
55) Love or lust?
56) In a relationship?
57) Are you a virgin?
58) Can you touch your nose with your tongue?
59) Where were you yesterday?
60) Is there anything pink within 10 feet of you?
61) Are you wearing socks right now?
62) What's your favorite animal?
63) What is your secret weapon to get someone to like you?
64) Where is your best friend?
65) Spit or swallow?(;
66) What is your heritage?
67) What were you doing last night at 12 AM?
68) What do you think is Satan's last name?
69) Be honest. Ever gotten yourself off?
70) Are you the kind of friend you would want to have as a friend?
71) You are walking down the street on your way to work. There is a dog drowning in the canal on the side of the street. Your boss has told you if you are late one more time you get fired. What do you do?
72) You are at the doctor’s office and she has just informed you that you have approximately one month to live. a) Do you tell anyone/everyone you are going to die? b) What do you do with your remaining days? c) Would you be afraid?
73) You can only have one of these things: trust or love.
74) What's a song that always makes you happy when you hear it?
75) What are the last four digits in your cell phone number?
76) In your opinion, what makes a great relationship?
77) How can I win your heart?
78) Can insanity bring on more creativity?
79) What is the single best decision you have made in your life so far?
80) What size shoes do you where?
81) What would you want to be written on your tombstone?
82) What is your favorite word?
83) Give me the first thing that comes to mind when you hear the word: heart.
84) What is a saying you say a lot?
85) What's the last song you listened to?
86) Basic question: what's your favorite color/colors?
87) What is your current desktop picture?
88) If you could press a button and make anyone in the world instantaneously explode, who would it be?
89) What would be a question you'd be afraid to tell the truth on?
90) One night you wake up because you heard a noise. You turn on the light to find that you are surrounded by MUMMIES. The mummies aren't really doing anything, they're just standing around your bed. What do you do?
91) You accidentally eat some radioactive vegetables. They were good, and what's even cooler is that they endow you with the super-power of your choice! What is that power?
92) You can re-live any point of time in your life. The time-span can only be a half-hour, though. What half-hour of your past would you like to experience again?
93) You can erase any horrible experience from your past. What will it be?
94) You have the opportunity to sleep with the music-celebrity of your choice. Who would it be?
95) You just got a free plane ticket to anywhere. You have to depart right now. Where are you gonna go?
96) Do you have any relatives in jail?
97) Have you ever thrown up in the car?
98) Ever been on a plane?
99) If the whole world were listening to you right now, what would you say?
100) Give me your top 5 favorite blogs on Tumblr.
I should be studying for my US History exam however, it covers the same exact material we’ve been taught in one way or another since kindergarten when we made flags out of tissue paper and glitter. Instead I am watching The Princess Diaries…”make all boy mooses go hwaaaaaa!” I love that part. :P So far I have been making all A’s and I plan to continue this streak...
Upcycled Pop Tab Bracelet
I have made so many of these for myself, friends, and family. I decided to share the super easy how-to so you can make your own. I used elastic cord that sparkles purchased at Jo-Ann’s (the brand is Clubhouse Crafts). There are so many other colors from black to glow in the dark so just look around your local craft stores. Other items should be easily found around the house or a friend that...
I totally just scribbled all over a canvas. In crayon. It is now hanging on my wall. Too bad they weren’t finger paints. Ooooh, I’ll add glitter! UPDATE: glitter was the key…so much glitter.
Things that make me feel awkward
Granted if I made a complete list it would be quite long. I am an awkward turtle odd duck sandwich. I love awkward moments just as much as I find them awkward. Here are a few things that make me feel awkward. - Being in a room with only one other person - Eating in front of other people who are not eating - Accidentally hitting hands with someone while walking - Knowing someone’s name when...
Draw Me A Collection
I have a drawing assignment. I must draw a collection/s. I have to draw three pages of a collection/s to be exact. I want to be obnoxious and awesome and abuse the definition of the word. I want to draw wrinkles or buttons or Christmas ornaments shaped like pickles. I want to stand out. I want to get an A. However, I have a problem. Drawing and I do not get along. I also have some idle...
Sodom and Gomorrah
I just found this little bit of prosetry in my drafts folder. I do not remember when or why I wrote this. I was probably under the influence of something or another and had an epic epiphany. If only I left myself less cryptic notes, eh? i’ll take you by the hand to Sodom and Gomorrah we’ll walk my on my personal road don’t mind the pillars of salt we belong here yes, i am...
Something I forgot
I forgot to tell you that I got published! The Pecan Grove Review Volume 12 came to me in the mail…and while it says Spring 2011 the works were chosen during Spring 2010 and for some unknown reason they took forever to get it out. I have my name in the selection committee list as well as next to the two pieces of poetry that made the cut. The awkward moment though is that my last name is...
Not lost, but found...
I found the notebook I used in my fiction writing workshop from over a year ago. I started reading the bits of instant fiction we had to write to jump start classes and I really like some of them. Parts of the stories don’t make complete sense but it fits in a way that works for the most part. If I had thought to do so at the time I would have published them online here. Now, the...
Once You Go Big, You Never Go Twig
. Surprise! Not all fat chicks want to be skinny. In a step away from TLC’s usual freak show approach to issues centering around weight their new series Big Sexy seeks to shed some on light on the growing industry that is the plus-sized fashion industry. The new three-part reality series, premiered on August 30, follows Nikki, Heather, Audrey, Leslie and Tiffany, five full-figured...
Why so fractured?
I am a fractured person. I am going to delete my other blogs and re-post everything here (except for Much Love, Fat Kid). This is about me. I am the sum of my parts. Still working on putting all the pieces together with bits of glue, twigs, and glitter. So much glitter. always, davilin.marie
I’m going to make a fortune teller past the numbers and colors I will hide my secrets
What's my problem?